Inspired by nature, the seasons, wildlife and flowers. I paint a variety of subjects – from landscapes, and seascapes to animals, birds, and flowers.
The media used are acrylics, water mixable oils and water colour on canvas, board or watercolour paper. Having painted for about 9 years under the influence of Jenny Enters (Proteus) and Carol Gibbs (Strawberryfields Art), I enjoy the process of interpreting a photograph and making it come to life, the use of light in a painting, and experimenting with new materials.
I’ve taken part in day courses using water colours, water mixable oils, acrylic inks, soft pastels, abstract with texture, painting with egg tempura, brusho crystal colour, and oil pastels.
- October 2014 – Student Art Exhibition – Proteus Creation Centre
- October 2015 – Student Art Exhibition – Proteus Creation Centre
- April 2017 – Easter Revelations Exhibition – Buckskin Evangelical Church
- August 2018 – Hampshire Open Studios (in own home)
- August 2019 – Hampshire Open Studios (with Marianne Tilley)